Episode 5 – Corporate Success & finding happiness by following your passion with Mel Storey-Scott
If you’ve ever wondered about how you can bring all your different personality traits together, at home and at work, then this episode is definitely for you. And that’s because my guest in this show is someone who manages to maintain an authenticity with her family, colleagues and even with her thousands of online followers! Mel Storey-Scott is not only a successful, award-winning corporate lawyer, she’s also the author of the Pearls and Protein blog… and a total fitness buff!
Unsurprisingly, Mel’s picked up the moniker, “The Lean Lawyer”, for managing to combine her successful legal career with her passion for bodybuilding and all things healthy. She’s got a strong social media presence (which is actually where I found her) where she shares her secrets on healthy mind and healthy body.
Give the show a listen to find out how she juggles her career and passions, and why she loves doing it all! And go find her on Snap chat where she is ‘theleanlawyer’ to see just how fun Mel really is!
- Mel’s difficult journey into law and words of advice for graduates going through similar challenges getting their foot in the door
- Tips for graduates wanting to reach out to lawyers established in the industry
- Challenging the rules of what you can and can’t do
- Mel’s complex diet and why she preps all her meals for the week in advance
- How Mel feels better in her own skin from eating well and exercising
- Inspiring others through blogging and having an online presence
- Having a personal brand and how to balance that with your legal career
- The three key things that every one of Mel’s social media posts have to have
- Only writing blog posts that actually add value
- The importance of understanding why you do what you do
- Why you need to be consistent with yourself but also respect boundaries, particularly in a formal industry like law
- Steps to making mental wellbeing a priority and why that will help to make you feel more balanced
- Mel’s happiness challenge to you
Mel’s headshot thanks to Carmen and Camilla at ‘Flourish Bomb’.