Episode 27 – Transitions in Life and Law with Rebecca Pezzutti
My guest in this week’s episode of The Happy Lawyer Happy Life Podcast is someone who’s used perspective and community to maintain happiness across her life, while balancing a busy career and family. Rebecca Pezzutti is a Senior Associate at Bell Dixon Butler Lawyers based in Hervey Bay, as well as being the President of Fraser Coast District Law Association.
Having moved to Armidale in New South Wales to work at a legal clinic, Rebecca is definitely a city-girl gone country. Talking to her about her experiences in regional law was fascinating for me, as it made me consider the similarities and differences between our different types of work.
I really got a lot out of this conversation. Rebecca’s positive, go-with-the-flow attitude was super refreshing, and her insights offered a great perspective for me on life, law and, most importantly, happiness.
- The best things about working in the community sector… and the frustrations that come with it
- The changes in family law over the past few years
- Rebecca on how the relationship with the client is different in regional law
- How Rebecca balances family life with her career
- Why regional law is often more suitable for experienced lawyers rather than recent graduates
- What Rebecca learns about living in the moment from her kids!
- The unique challenges that come with working in regional law
- The duty that senior associates have in helping the next generation of lawyers
- Rebecca’s role as President of Fraser Coast District Law Association, and what she’s learned from it
- Why mentoring is such an important aspect of the legal industry
- Keeping perspective and maintaining a balance in order to achieve a sense of happiness
- Rebecca’s Happiness Challenge!