Episode 149 – When your side hustle becomes your main hustle with lawyer Clara Eve
Podcast (the-happy-family-lawyer-podcast): Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS
In this week’s episode of the ‘Happy Lawyer Happy Life Podcast’ I had the pleasure of interviewing lawyer Clara Eve. Now Clara at the time of our interview was sort of based in Sydney but I suspect at the time you find yourself listening to this episode, she may have already spread her entrepreneurial wings and headed off to enjoy the next stage of her law life adventure overseas! Clara happened to be visiting Brisbane so I took the opportunity to sit her down. Having followed her new project @lawforthelay on Instagram for a little while now, I loved this chance to meet Clara in person and learn just how she is turning her side hustle into her main hustle!
Clara grew up in country NSW. She, like so many of my guests, has a love of performing arts which she pursued at high school and still dabbles in today. Her initial studies in marketing and communication and law are now all coming together as she is building her own business while consulting to other firms on law of course but also marketing and communications including copy writing.
Clara is another guest that reminded me of one of my favourite sayings- there are so many ways to be a lawyer! Clara may have had a traditional start to her career in law land but I am pretty confident she is about to embark on something quite different as she takes her law career on an around the world adventure!
In this interview, Clara and I also chatted about-
- If Clara was not a lawyer she would be a fitness instructor.
- Clara grew up in country NSW and the contrast of pace between her hometown and Sydney where she lives now.
- How Clara found law after completing her degree in Marketing and Communication at Woolongong University.
- Clara had a passion for drama in high school and is very connected to the creative arts (and being active!)
- Clara’s journey into law land and how she came to focus on consumer law.
- Clara started her career by volunteering in law firms for experience and saw all roles as useful for the future.
- The difference’s, still, between men and women in the law.
- The role of health and wellness in Clara’s life.
- Clara’s media and communications experience and legal career have combined together to form “Law for the Lay”.
- The future for Law for the lay and Clara Eve.
- Clara’s visa has been approved for a move overseas and why she wants to work overseas.
- The career choices Clara has made support her lifestyle.
- Clara’s advice for anyone looking to start a ‘side hustle’.
- Innovation and using your experience to create something better for the future.
- Clara’s perspective on millennials in the law and women in the legal profession.
- The Marie Kondo method and applying this to our thought process as well as our offices!
- Not doing what others have done but creating a new storyline.
- Clara’s Happiness Tip.
Sit back and enjoy this interview with Clara Eve