Episode 200 – Being kickass but Kind with Clarissa Rayward and Mel Telecican celebrating 200 episodes
This week is a special one- episode 200! And so, for a special episode number I decided we needed a special episode theme. This week I reversed my role as host thanks to the wonderful skills of a great friend of mine, Mel Telecican. Some of you will know Mel, she is a wonderful friend, business woman and spends her days working with lawyers too. She is the brains behind many of the marketing tools that we use at my firm and has been a huge part of building my Happy Lawyer Happy Life business, particularly, The Club through her business Loyalest. Mel also happens to be a podcast host herself so there was no one else who I thought could carry this conversation better.
This episode I reflect on my learnings since starting this show. From the connection between creativity and joy to the many ups and downs of life, particularly this year, I share a few tears, many laughs and of course many learnings thanks to the 199 previous guests. Mel is the perfect host, throwing the big, hard and fun questions and of course enabling us to have a laugh along the way as well. (Thanks Mel!)
So as this episode goes live, I want to say ‘Thank You’ to you the listener who continue to tune in each week, sharing in this important conversation about how we can build careers in law that have our own health, wellness and happiness at the Centre. And thank you for supporting my little show- 4 years, 200 episodes and over 350,000 downloads later!
In this interview, Mel and I also chatted about all my learnings from the last 200 episodes.
- Dealing with the challenges that life throws our way- how I do this and the art of keeping perspective and compartmentalising.
- If I was not a lawyer, Iwould be have been a dancer or anything in the creative space.
- Dance-land and the role that it has played in my life.
- Creativity and the law and correlation between joy and creativity.
- The current drivers of happiness in my life.
- The impact of Covid on Happy Lawyer Happy Life and Brisbane Family Law Centre.
- We discuss ‘The Club‘ and the strong, raw and deep online community that has been formed.
- The power that comes from a collective of like-minded individuals.
- The role health has played in my life and value of exercising, eating well and most importantly, getting enough sleep.
- Health rituals in your life and my top tips for a positive health journey.
- You can change your mind, and attitude, at any time but you have to have a willingness to do it.
- My tip for maintaining passion and purpose in both your work and life.
- Dealing with grief and my advice for anyone experiencing loss.
- My biggest takeaways of the legal profession in 2020.
- Cracking the professional guard thanks to zoom.
- The rising awareness of the importane of good mental health in law and the changes that are being made.
- Kindness, authenticity and in the law.
- Some of my most memorable episodes thus far; Jacoba Brasch (Episode 4), Michael Kirby (Episode 38), Demetrio Zema (Episode 97) and Melissa Nielsen (Episode 44)
- My 200th episode Happiness Tip.
Sit back and enjoy this celebratory 200th episode of the Happy Lawyer Happy Life Podcast.