Episode 21 – Chris Hargreaves on Online Branding and Content Marketing in the Legal Profession
My guest in this week’s episode of The Happy Lawyer Happy Life podcast is someone who’s not only reached great heights in the legal industry, but also made a real dent in the entrepreneurial world too. His name is Chris Hargreaves and he’s a self-professed ‘casual Senior Associate’ at McInnes Wilson. And besides being a husband and a father to three children, he also leads a double life as an online entrepreneur.
Over his rich and varied career, Chris has launched a number of online businesses, most of which are aimed specifically at lawyers. He’s also a bit of a content guru, prolifically publishing blogs and videos that tackle every aspect of law land, and he’s even written his own book, Look Before You Leap: A Guide for Aspiring Writers.
In this episode, we get into all that plus this stuff too…
- Chris on being a ‘casual senior associate’, and what that means
- The importance of being approachable and affable in legal practice
- The contrast between ‘pop-culture’ law and the real, day-to-day grind
- The process of writing a book and the next step: finding a platform to sell it on
- Why Chris writes and the fundamental value that all lawyers can draw from it
- How to overcome the sometimes overwhelming technical aspects of creating an online body of content
- The purpose and objective of online presence writing
- Developing a content strategy and becoming aware of your target reader
- How digital marketing can complement a legal career
- Why young lawyers are feeling trapped and frustrated, and how you can overcome this
- The value of self-awareness
- The possibility of moving on from negative thinking
- Chris’ Happiness Challenge!
HAPPY LAWYER HAPPY LIFE