Episode 21 – Chris Hargreaves on Online Branding and Content Marketing in the Legal Profession
Podcast (the-happy-family-lawyer-podcast): Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS
My guest in this week’s episode of The Happy Lawyer Happy Life podcast is someone who’s not only reached great heights in the legal industry, but also made a real dent in the entrepreneurial world too. His name is Chris Hargreaves and he’s a self-professed ‘casual Senior Associate’ at McInnes Wilson. And besides being a husband and a father to three children, he also leads a double life as an online entrepreneur.
Over his rich and varied career, Chris has launched a number of online businesses, most of which are aimed specifically at lawyers. He’s also a bit of a content guru, prolifically publishing blogs and videos that tackle every aspect of law land, and he’s even written his own book, Look Before You Leap: A Guide for Aspiring Writers.
In this episode, we get into all that plus this stuff too…
- Chris on being a ‘casual senior associate’, and what that means
- The importance of being approachable and affable in legal practice
- The contrast between ‘pop-culture’ law and the real, day-to-day grind
- The process of writing a book and the next step: finding a platform to sell it on
- Why Chris writes and the fundamental value that all lawyers can draw from it
- How to overcome the sometimes overwhelming technical aspects of creating an online body of content
- The purpose and objective of online presence writing
- Developing a content strategy and becoming aware of your target reader
- How digital marketing can complement a legal career
- Why young lawyers are feeling trapped and frustrated, and how you can overcome this
- The value of self-awareness
- The possibility of moving on from negative thinking
- Chris’ Happiness Challenge!
HAPPY LAWYER HAPPY LIFE