Episode 232 – It’s All About Those Magical Morning Moments with Elizabeth Fairon
Podcast (the-happy-family-lawyer-podcast): Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS
In this episode of the ‘Happy Lawyer Happy Life Podcast’ I had the pleasure of interviewing Elizabeth Fairon, business owner extraordinaire of both Life Law Solutions and Acumen Leadership.
You may not know too much about Elizabeth if you live outside of Queensland, but I can say she is one of the most talented lawyers and business owners I know.
In this interview, Elizabeth takes us through so many of the things that makes her such a fantastic leader, business owner and person. From her non-linear journey into law, her love for learning and writing, and her new business ‘Acumen Leadership’ that is helping us all be better leaders in law. She also discusses the attrition rates in law, how to avoid burnout, where she’s going next, and where she finds her peace – in creativity, connection, and those magical morning moments!
She has also just launched her own podcast so because you need a new show to listen to I can highly recommend hers- ‘Life Law and Leadership’.
Elizabeth really is just such a cool human and I am so glad I managed to sneak in this interview!
In this interview, Elizabeth and I also chatted about-
- If Elizabeth was not a lawyer she would have been a teacher or a writer.
- Elizabeth’s craving for creativity and the peace she finds in reading.
- Born in NSW, Elizabeth lived in Thailand for her first 5 years and came back to Australia to study and live in Toowoomba.
- Her high school experience and the variety of roles she had during the first 2 years out of school.
- After attending a law lecture, Elizabeth’s interest was piqued and she made the shift from teaching to law.
- The non-linear pathway of Elizabeth’s journey and the value of finding your passion first.
- Interest and curiosity make anything possible.
- After finishing her law degree in Cairns, Elizabeth completed her PLT at Queensland University.
- Receiving a traineeship in family law, in a firm she now owns.
- ‘Life Law Solutions’ and the advantages of staying on and taking the challenges head-on.
- Elizabeth’s dream is to focus on the side of the law which affects people’s lives and the niching the firm.
- ‘Acumen’ – the leadership program for lawyers.
- Elizabeth saw a gap in the law and the reason she chose this space to share with the legal community.
- Psychological safety within the legal profession.
- The definition of innovation and the natural curiosity of learning from all areas.
- Elizabeth shares with us a sneak peek of her new book concept.
- The attrition rate of lawyers is age 32 for women and 38 for men.
- Finding your way through a crisis and, strategies to keep motivation for a life in the law.
- Recognising the signs of overwhelm to counteract attrition rates.
- The future for Elizabeth, including a book and a Podcast.
- It’s all about those magical morning moments.
- Elizabeth’s Happiness Tip.
Sit back and enjoy this interview with Elizabeth Fairon.