Episode 25 – Freya Gardon on Making the Right Choices Towards Happiness, in Life and Work
Podcast (the-happy-family-lawyer-podcast): Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS
My guest in this week’s episode of the Happy Lawyer Happy Life podcast is someone whose independent, tenacious attitude has seen her create a unique path for herself at the age of just 25. Freya Gardon started working with me at Brisbane Family Law Centre straight from school nearly eight years ago, and in that time I’ve seen her develop into a fiercely passionate and highly-skilled solicitor.
Now Freya’s setting her sights on a Psychology degree, and is combining her passions together to forge out a lifestyle that makes her happy and fulfilled. Her determination and eclectic skill-sets mean that she’s able to continue working in law while following new interests elsewhere. Listen to the episode to find out how!
In this conversation, we get really into…
- The value that comes with a variety of different experiences
- The hardest parts about being a clerk and what you can gain from overcoming those challenges
- Freya’s tips on how to juggle studies and work
- Opening your mind to different ways to problem-solve
- Freya’s struggles dealing with bereavement, and pushing on with her career and studies
- Freya’s tips for people just starting out in the legal industry
- How psychology combines Freya’s passions and skills
- Coming up with a solution for Freya to work remotely while studying her psychology degree
- The steps Freya’s put in place to make sure she works efficiently from home
- How focusing on health and exercise helped Freya to control her stress
- Freya’s Happiness Challenge!