Episode 34 – How Brian Herd Found His Passion in Law, and Now Loves His Work More and More Everyday
My guest in this week’s episode is someone who calls himself ‘The Happy Elder Lawyer’, and not because of his age but because of his niche in law land. His name is Brian Herd, and he’s a partner at CRH law, a firm where he’s worked for over 28 years. Brian specialises in Elder Law, an area that has taught him a lot about many different things in and outside of law land.
I’ve been itching to get Brian on my show for ages now, because not only is he a fantastic legal professional, he’s also an outstanding musician who thrives off of his pursuits outside of his career.
In this chat, we talk a lot about the business and marketing side of law, but also about passion. Brian is a really passionate guy, and so it was great speaking to him about the relationship between his music and his successful legal career.
- What Brian would be doing if he weren’t a lawyer
- Why ‘Elder Law’ is resistant to the increasing presence of virtual law
- The importance of niching in law and what it can do to advance your career
- The challenges and joys that come with running a business
- The steps Brian goes through to identify different target markets
- How Brian found his passion and why it increases every year
- The link between your client’s happiness and your own
- Brian’s passions outside of law
- The influences who have affected Brian in law land
- Brian’s tips for people starting out in the legal industry
- Brian’s Happiness Challenge!
HAPPY LAWYER HAPPY LIFE