Episode 4 – Balancing a Happy Life and a Happy Home with Jacoba Brasch QC
Podcast (the-happy-family-lawyer-podcast): Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS
Welcome to the fourth episode of the Happy Lawyer Happy Life podcast. My guest this time is someone who I’ve been wanting to interview for a while now. Her name is Jacoba Brasch QC and she’s a real law-idol of mine. Jacoba has an incredible energy. Not only is she a successful Barrister, she is the chair of numerous committees across Australia, completed her PhD in 2010 and is a mother of four!
Jacoba’s learned to succeed in the legal industry and be happy in it, which is one of the many reasons she’s such an inspiration to me and plenty of others. She has a wonderful outlook on how to lead a balanced, contented life which she shares with me in this conversation.
This is definitely worth a listen for anyone struggling to juggle a busy personal life with a hectic work schedule. Jacoba shares so many actionable tips that will get you feeling great straightaway!
In this episode we talk about:
- Asking the “why question”
- Swimming as an exercise in mindfulness
- Family life and the core of Jacoba as a person
- The highlights of Jacoba’s career
- How Jacoba manages challenges
- Making the choice to be positive and happy
- The importance of looking for the best in people
- The “culture of winning” in the legal industry and why it causes unhappiness
- Treating people as people
- Why there’s a rise in law students dropping out of university
- Jacoba’s aspirations of being a Formula 1 driver
- The important questions that every lawyer needs to ask themselves
- How mindfulness can inform our choices
- How doing something kind every day can make a real impact on your life
- Jacoba’s happiness challenge to you for the week