Episode 43 – Hannah Henley on Heartbreak, Happiness and Puppy-Parenting
Podcast (the-happy-family-lawyer-podcast): Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS
Today on the Happy Lawyer Happy Life podcast, I’ll be sitting down with my good friend Hannah Henley. Hannah is an estate lawyer, crossfit fanatic and lover of breaking the mould. After travelling around at a young age, from the UK to Saudi Arabia, Japan and then Hong Kong, Hannah came back to Australia to settle down with her family.
Hannah’s strong moral compass motivated her to complete a law degree in Queensland, and after some movement around a few firms, she decided to make the leap, becoming a solopreneur and setting up her own estate law practice. Now, Hannah focuses on maintaining happiness through her work and connecting closely with clients.
Listen to the episode to hear more about Hannah’s pathway to happiness. Her obvious strength and bravery (though I’m sure she’d disagree!) show through in her ability to discuss even the hardest of subjects.
We also get into all this too…
- The benefits of crossfit and cheesecake
- Finding your career groove
- What there is to love about estate law
- Why you need discipline when setting up your own business
- Being early to bed, and early to rise
- Why lawyers are people too
- The benefits of doing things your own way
- The importance of talking about mental health, and other ‘taboo’ topics
- Changing your life to find happiness, and why it’s never too late to do so
- Hannah’s Happiness Tip!