Episode 63 – Creating happiness in law through surrogacy and social justice with Sarah Jefford
In this weeks episode of the ‘Happy Lawyer Happy Life’ podcast I had an inspirational chat with Melbourne Lawyer Sarah Jefford. Sarah is one of the kindest and most selfless people I have ever met. Sarah was heavily pregnant at the time of our chat but not with her own child. She is a surrogate and takes us on a wonderful journey as she shares what this means for her and all those involved.
Sarah also happens to run her own practice and it is perhaps not surprising that she has built a niche in the area of surrogacy law. Her ‘life’ has merged with her work life in a wonderful way. Working from home and as a solopreneur, Sarah is a great example to anyone thinking about building their own home based practice- it can be done all whilst keeping and even building on your happiness!
Sarah and I also spoke about:
- What it was like growing up in Alice Springs.
- Studying law in Armidale before taking the plunge and moving to the Big City!
- Sarah’s experience working at Legal Aid and later at the Aboriginal Legal Service.
- How Sarah fell into Surrogacy- both as a surrogacy lawyer and now as a Surrogate.
- Sarah’s experience in setting up her own practice, working from home and the various pros and cons.
- The state of Surrogacy in Australia, her role as a surrogate and the many rewards for her and others.
- Sarah’s thoughts on maintaining happiness in law- purposefully building your career while allowing creativity into your life.
- And of course, Sarah’s happiness tip.
Sit back and enjoy this thought provoking topic with Sarah Jefford.
Learn more here about upcoming events and courses and connect with Clarissa Rayward at the ‘Happy Lawyer Happy Life’ knowledge centre- A community for lawyers who want to make the best out of their life in and outside of the law.