Episode 65 – Zinta Harris on finding happiness in catching the curveballs that life throws your way
In this week’s episode of the ‘Happy Lawyer Happy Life’ podcast I had the pleasure of spending some time with lawyer, wife and mum, Zinta Harris. Zinta just happens to be one of a handful of dual Accredited Specialists here in Queensland holding accreditation in wills & estates and business law. What does that mean you might ask? Well to me it means 2 things- she is crazy as getting through those exams once is hard enough but choosing to do it in 2 separate areas of law, 2 years running is something else, and secondly, she is clearly one smart little cookie!
Zinta runs a boutique practice Resolve Estate Law, specialising in helping everyday Australian families manage the fallout after the loss of a loved one. So aside from the fact that Zinta is a talented legal specialist I have come to know her over the past few months as a warm, friendly creative soul who has purposefully built herself a career in law that fits with all that matters to her in life, and it is this that had me inviting her onto the show.
During this interview Zinta shares with us some of the highs and lows of her careers so far but also her life outside of law. She has faced some big challenges or ‘curveballs’ as she likes to call them along the way. It is Zinta’s attitude to adversity that sets her aside and is what has got her through. We can all take a lot from her advice on this topic when it comes to happiness in and out of law.
Zinta reminded me of the important things in life. She has a great focus and gets through each day by putting one foot in front of the other. Her joy and fulfillment comes from doing what she loves, helping others and loving her family. She also loves to dance so you won’t be surprised to know I had a lot of fun in this interview!
Zinta and I also spoke about:
- Her decision to study law, made whilst traveling on a train around Europe!
- The importance of spending time to find yourself and being ok with taking the time to figure out who you are!
- Growing up in Canberra. She misses the crunch of the leaves!
- Falling into her first ‘law job’ and how this has since shaped her career.
- Becoming a partner after just 4 years of University and the opportunities & challenges this presented.
- Completing her dual Accredited Specialist qualifications, whilst pregnant!
- Baby shower shenanigans and ‘the end of the life as we know it’ shower she threw.
- How life has changed after having children & why Zinta’s approach is to ‘take each day as it comes’.
- We took a side step into paragliding, roller coasters and dancing!
- Zinta’s tip for those coming into law.
- Zinta’s happiness challenge.
Sit back and enjoy Zinta’s beautiful & uplifting outlook on life!