Episode 7 – Finding Your Alternative Path and Pursuing Happiness with Nicole Abboud
Podcast (the-happy-family-lawyer-podcast): Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS
My guest in this episode of the Happy Lawyer Happy Life podcast is someone who has continued to move from strength to strength in her career without losing sight of what really matters… happiness. Her name is Nicole Abboud and she’s the presenter of her very own podcast show, The Gen Why Lawyer, as well as founder and owner of Abboud media – a content creation agency aimed exclusively at lawyers.
Nicole was a practising lawyer herself for several years but realised that she wasn’t finding it inspiring or fulfilling. So, she set about on her own journey of exploring her passions and sharing the stories of other Millennials crafting their careers and lives, as well as finding happiness and success.
Nicole lives in California, USA and so is my first ‘overseas’ guest on the show! I have come to know Nicole over this past year thanks to this wonderful world of social media and she is just a delight to speak with.
In this episode, Nicole shares her story with me plus loads more inspiring pieces of advice.
We get into loads of great areas, like…
- How Nicole used self-reflection to figure out what she really wanted
- Why employers need to create working environments that make employees want to stay in the job
- Nicole’s journey into fashion law and how it was only a temporary fix for her
- The trend of lawyers practising in alternative ways
- Nicole’s rewarding position teaching law at a community college
- How people’s approach to work has changed drastically in recent years, particularly with moving between different careers
- The growing role of tech in the legal industry
- The importance of online word-of-mouth nowadays in the legal profession
- Why the legal industry in shifting to a more client-centric focus
- The human conversation – Nicole’s thoughts and why it makes business so much easier
- The risk in using social media as a lawyer and why you need to be mindful with it
- Generating leads from creating content – Nicole’s content creation agency and why it’s so important for lawyers
- Nicole’s biggest learnings from her podcast
- Why you need to put your plans into actions and make them happen ASAP
- Nicole’s Happiness Challenge for this week!