Episode 76-Special Counsel Jamie Shine on the importance of others when it comes to our happiness
Podcast (the-happy-family-lawyer-podcast): Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS
In this week’s episode of the ‘Happy Lawyer Happy Life’ podcast I was joined by mother, wife, wine connoisseur and of course lawyer, Jamie Shine. Jamie embodies everything I believe in when it comes to ‘happiness’ in law and was a delight to have on the show.
Jamie Shine, is a ‘Shine’ in the sense that she is the niece of the founder of Shine Lawyers but despite the family name, Jamie has had to work as hard as anyone else to build her career in the law- starting with Shine the year after finishing High School, completing 5 years as an Articled Clerk and now, 18 years down the track, heading up the Major Claims section of the firm.
Jamie is everything we expect in a lawyer but at the same time, juggles life, like so many of us, as a Mum, Wife and friend (and so much more!) and she had so many great tips for anyone trying to do the same. It is her calm, fun and positive attitude that had me hooked and I am determined to find an excuse to hang out with her a lot more in the future!
If this interview doesn’t have you smiling then nothing will!!
Jamie and I also spoke about:
- Jamie’s early life with her family in Toowoomba
Jamie’s decision to study law after High School
- Landing her first job in law as an Articled Clerk and her experience of combining study with work
- Jamie’s experience at Shine- seeing the firm transition to the now large, successful organisation and her changing roles over the years
- Her decision to complete her MBA and the great impact this has had on her career
- A day in the life of Jamie- from heading up the major claims sector in the firm to life as a mum!
- The importance of the input of others in your life in and outside of your career
- The ups and downs of your career- Jamie’s great outlook that you can’t fail too much, each moment is a learning experience
- Gratitude is the leader to happiness and this has been Jamie’s experience
- Jamie adores her daughter and how this affects her career
- In her free time Jamie enjoys Oztag!
- Managing fitness with a child
- Jamie’s love for wine and friends
- How personal growth, autonomy, gratitude and meaningful purpose all lead to happiness
- And of course, Jamie’s happiness tip
Sit back and enjoy this week’s Podcast with Jamie Shine.
Learn more here about upcoming events and courses and connect with Clarissa Rayward at the ‘Happy Lawyer Happy Life’ knowledge centre- A community for lawyers who want to make the best out of their life in and outside of the law.
Listen to last weeks episode here