Episode 91 – Cars, Food and Family (and of course some Law on the side) with Barrister Nicholas Andreatidis
In this week’s episode of the ‘Happy Lawyer Happy Life Podcast’ I had the pleasure of interviewing Brisbane Barrister, Nicholas Andreatidis. Now like so many of my guests, Nicholas was a delight to speak with and I have concluded he is a ‘happy’ lawyer! So what makes it so? I sense with Nicholas it is a clear sense of purpose, faith, passion and gratitude that provides him with contentment in and outside of law.
Nicholas’ love of the law started very young, after an attendance with his Father on their family solicitor. He described to me that is was the sense of respect that his father demonstrated in that encounter ( and the amazing smell of the paper) that had him immediately intrigued about a future life as a lawyer.
Born of Greek immigrant parents, Nicholas shared with me the very difficult experiences he and his siblings experienced with racism during his childhood. It was those early encounters that have in part shaped his resolve and many of his outlooks on life now. Like many children of his generation, Nicholas worked hard both at school and after school, working in the family fish and chip shop from a very early age. He joked with me that that experience may have influenced his love of food, but more importantly taught him skills in building relationships that have held him in great stead in his life in the law.
Like so many of my guests, Nicholas has built a very successful career in the law through hard work, dedication and kindness and had many wonderful insights on how he has found joy in his life in law.
Nicholas Andreatidis and I also spoke about:
- Nicholas would be a Formula 1 race car driver if he was not a lawyer!
- Growing up in country NSW and his battle with racism.
- Nicholas started out in law at only 17, worked during the day as an Articled Clerk and studying at UQ at night.
- The beauty of articles and how much you learn in this role.
- The love of the Bar came early on for Nicholas and he shares his journey on the road to becoming a Barrister.
- What Nicholas loves about being a Barrister.
- Nicholas shares with us a little about his family and how he manages the balance of family and a legal career which he credits to the hard work and support of his wife.
- How we can incorporate family into the legal profession.
- Nicholas shares his first experience as a Barrister picking up a brief in Mexico!
- A day in the life of Nicholas Andreatidis.
- When Nicholas is not working he is sleeping and eating – he loves good food and friends.
- The dynamic and unique structure of the Level 27 Chambers here in Brisbane.
- Nicholas’ prediction for the future of Barristers.
- Advice for junior Barristers and those considering this legal path and his journey of happiness in the law.
- Family life has been the greatest support for Nicholas’ happiness in and outside of the law.
- Exercise and the physical disconnection that is so important to the mind and soul.
- Nicholas’ Happiness Tip!
Sit back and enjoy this interview with Nicholas Andreatidis.
Learn more here about upcoming events and courses and connect with Clarissa Rayward at the ‘Happy Lawyer Happy Life’ knowledge centre- A community for lawyers who want to make the best out of their life in and outside of the law.
Listen to last week’s episode here